SYKO'S ASYLUM CHALLENGE
Week One
After a rocky start when Windows decided to update itself automatically and crashed the game after one simday of play, I found the eight sims still existed, so rebuilt a house for them and away we went.
To begin, here's a bird's eye view of the house. Very simple. Beginning at the bottom, which is the front of the house, you have a living room on the left and kitchen on the right, separated by an entry hall. The inside pool counts as one of the skill objects, and provides entertainment for everyone. It especially provides entertainment for me when they dive in wearing evening clothes or outerwear. The pool room also contains an easel, telescope, guitar and chemistry station, for the five skill object total. You'll notice two of the objects are aimed at the logic skill. I'm no dummy, my main sim needs logic. Anyway, all the sims use them.
My main sim is Sophie. She's a loser and insane, but otherwise a nice girl. She rolled a lifetime want of being a world famous surgeon, which made me shudder, but at least it's doable. First day in the house, she leaped on the chemistry table and brought her logic skill up to level three without much trouble.
She does tend to dress inappropriately from time to time. Like every minute of every day. She also...and the other 7 sims too...are dressing in things I did not pick out for them. I'm no fashionista, but trust me, I would never have picked out this outfit:
At first, the scarcity of chairs and beds caused pandemonium. I laughed to watch two sims race for a recently vacated bed, and there was a lot of stomping and waving of arms. But they all managed to adjust their schedules fairly quickly, and learned you can nap in the rocking chair, or gain energy just from sitting in it, and although most of the beds were always full, only one passed out from lack of sleep, and that was the first day. I did have several pee puddles, but a couple of the sims seem to be prone to neatness (none have the trait) and go around mopping and cleaning. Thank heavens for them, because I was starting to get a negative moodlet myself.
When you can't sit anywhere else, there's always the edge of the bathtub. I never had a sim sit on the edge of the tub before for any reason, but these crazies use it as a piece of furniture.
The seven patients are Andrew, Belinda, Carl, Danielle, Elton, Felicity and Grayson. They all share the "hates the outdoors", "insane" and "absent minded" traits. I gave them other bad traits like childish, diva, coward, etc., but tried to give each of them one good trait, such as virtuoso, artistic or bookworm.
I can't remember now who has which trait, but it quickly became obvious that Elton is the musician in the group. He pretty much plays guitar all his waking moments, although the others also play it at times. In the first week he brought his skill up to level 8 and keeps getting really nifty opportunities, which I sadly turn down.
I think Carl must have the athletic trait because he exercises a lot. He is also a werewolf, and overcame his hatred of the outdoors during the full moon to go outside and bring back a diamond. I love that he slipped into his powder blue tux to work out.
No woohoo during week one. No flirting, even. A couple of the guys had attractions for a couple of the girls, but nobody has followed up. Twice, two sims have shared the double bed, but both lay stiffly all night. There was no cuddling. I did find that somehow, bed ownership is getting assigned, which is weird. I found out when I tried to get Sophie to go to bed, and she wouldn't go because it was Grayson's bed. I guess Grayson assigned it to himself. Anyway, in addition to cleaning out their inventories every midnight, I'm also spot checking the beds and un-assigning them fairly frequently to keep the rotation going.
This interesting zombie dropped by. Or clawed up and out. Take your pick.
Danielle keeps calling someone on the phone and carrying on long, animated conversations. My curiosity got the best of me, and I checked her friend list just to see if she'd befriended the welcoming committee (that dropped by on Day One and stayed two days) but no, she has no acquaintances outside the household she lives in.
We had one fire the first week. I'd stupidly given them a deep fryer and with sims' usual obsession with the fried foods (I am not judging them, just mentioning it), they used it constantly and managed to catch it on fire while Sophie was at work. Luckily it was close to the end of the workday, so she got home fairly soon, called the fire department and began extinguishing the fire herself, managing to catch herself on fire twice in the process. The first time she jumped in the pool to extinguish herself, but by the second time, the firemen had arrived, and they put her out. This picture shows Sophie, in her pink-ish scrubs, rushing in to save the day while everyone else screams, leaps around, and waves their arms. We lost the dishwasher, deep fryer, and four cabinets, which the insurance company's paltry §423 didn't even begin to pay for. The deep fryer has stayed lost. I've noticed since getting rid of it, they tend to cook more, and all seem to cook serving sizes instead of individual.
And that takes care of Week One in Syko's Asylum.










No comments:
Post a Comment